Aquamaxx - HOB-1 (Hang On Back) Protein Skimmer
The AquaMaxx Hang on Back Series I (HOB-1) protein skimmer features an incredibly responsive collection cup and an amazingly powerful submersible pump. It is rated up to 75 gallons in a design thin and light enough to be placed on a nano aquarium or other small saltwater aquarium.
The AquaMaxx HOB Series I protein skimmer removes organic waste from aquarium water. It creates a strong mix of small air bubbles and turbulent water movement to force protein, waste and other materials into a collection cup for easy removal.
AquaMaxx skimmers are computer-precision engineered and utilize the latest filtration technology to deliver the performance and value you are looking for in a protein skimmer.
Ease of Use
AquaMaxx HOB Series I protein skimmers are easy to setup and maintain. Just move the collection cup up or down to adjust the foam level to wet or dry.
Maintenance is simple. A removable collection cup makes cleaning easy. Plus, every AquaMaxx protein skimmer includes a drain fitting for hobbyists who want to setup a separate reservoir for skimmate.
Water quality and consistency is crucial to the success of a marine aquarium. An AquaMaxx HOB Series I protein skimmer will help to ensure that success.
AquaMaxx protein skimmers were designed from the ground up with the hobbyist in mind. AquaMaxx HOB Series I protein skimmers have the pump placed inside the skimmer itself to save space, reduce noise and improve efficiency.
All AquaMaxx protein skimmers are computer designed. Each unit is precision-cut and made of polished cell-cast acrylic.
The AquaMaxx HOB Series I protein skimmer relies on a superbly crafted Italian Sicce Syncra 1.0 pump and AquaMaxx needlewheel impeller to vigorously remove waste from your fish or reef tank. Sicce pumps are well-regarded for their efficiency to move air and water. Combining these dynamic pumps with AquaMaxx protein skimmers saves users considerable energy.
*Please Note: Bubble Plate Set Screw (4) has been removed from late models and is no longer included on the skimmer or required for installation.
- Modified and upgraded Italian Sicce needle-wheel pump produces optimum bubble size for high-efficiency protein skimming
- Efficient, durable and reliable
- Simple to set up and operate
- Cell-cast acrylic construction
- Dimensions: L 7.5 x W 3.5 x H 17 Inch
- Pump: AquaMaxx SHARK 1.0 (modified and upgraded Italian Sicce pump)
- Pump power consumption: 11 Watts
- Outlet size: 3/4 Inch
- Minimum tank height 10-7/8"
- Filtration Rating: up to 75 Gallons (light bioload) or 40 Gallons (heavy bioload)
- Requires approximately 4" of clearance to remove collection cup.
- Fits aquarium rims up to 3/4" thick.